Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Tips for a flatter abdomen!

Everyone wants flat abs and yet so few people know exactly how to go about that! For a great ab workout series check out my fitness tips blog.

What you eat can affect how your abs look.

If you will eliminate (or seriously restrict) three things in your diet you will see improvement.

1. Alcohol: alcohol is fattening, especially if you drink beer. It's called a "beer belly" for a reason!!

2. Carbonated drinks: i.e. soda. If you have a habit of drinking soda, or red bulls/energy drinks, ginger ale, etc. then the carbonation (bubbles) will build up in the top part of your stomach causing you to look bloated. Seriously cut back or stop drinking them altogether and the bubbles in your stomach will dissipate, though it can take a month or so.

3. Fried foods: now being a southern girl I am a fan of almost anything fried, but not nearly as much as I once was! Fried food is full of fat and usually salt as well. Although I believe fat doesn't make you fat, fried foods are not good for your waistline but you can have it occasionally.

7 comments:

Yann Vernier said...

Cool tips. Thankfully, I've given up on most these already. Chocolate cookies are not on your list but I suspect I should cut down on these too :-)

All the best,
Yann

Yann Vernier - Personal Coach

gr8skot said...

Boy you want to take all the fun out of eating. Just kidding, I don't drink carbonated beverages and have almost eliminated my beer intake. And I eat a lot less fried food than I used to.

Scott A Bell

The Road Warrior

Dr Peter Helton said...

you are so right

Dr Helton, making your skin beautiful without surgery

Unknown said...

Where did Steve learn about moonpies and RC Cola? Moonpies are from the Chattanooga Bakery. My neck of the woods.

Sheridan Randolph

Tim Birch said...

But what about the gravy? or biscuits

more celery!




'TimBirch –Can it be better?

Midlife Dating Expert, Singles Workshop Conference Speaker said...

Oh yummy abs!

thank you Sabrina!


These are excellent tips for anyone who is seeking to LOOK THEIR BEST for creating the romantic relationship we all crave.

All the best,

April Braswell - Online Dating Coach, Romance Coach

Susan said...

I've read that drinking more water can help with bloating and, therefore, a flatter abdomen. Do you agree?
Sue