Saturday, May 17, 2008

Pancakes!!

About a week ago I picked up something at the grocery store I had never seen. I bet you've never seen it either!

It's not only amazing, but an idea that is long long long overdue:

Organic Batter Blaster Original Pancake and Waffle Batter...in a spray can, like whipped cream.

I know. I know. I have just rocked your world!

Sit down. Take a few deep breaths! Now run out to your local Whole Foods or Trader Joe's and get some!!!

But before you do...

Who actually thought of this?? Really, is whipping up a batch of pancake or waffle batter that hard? Seriously, Bisquick, some milk, a few eggs, stir a few times and VOILA! pancake/waffle batter. It's not labor intensive or even tedious.

And the pancake batter in a can seems very un-green and un-organic to me. The can says to recycle but I don't know where to recycle steel. I'm sure I'd have to drive to wherever that is done. Steel is not part of the recycling reportoire here in the building where I live. It's not on the list of approved recyclables that I have on my fridge for my reference.

But it's a novelty and I just had to try it. I heated up the skillet and sprayed ("blasted") the batter into the pan...and it was a flop. Why is the very first pancake a flop? Or is it just me? I mean every time I make pancakes the first one is a total dud. Does this happen to cooks at restaurants? Does it happen to you?

Anwyay...first pancake ended up in the garbage. All the rest were beautiful. I was really looking forward to having them.

What a disappointment, they were chewy and not very flavorful. They were bland and not fluffy.

The good thing about the spray pancake batter in a can is that all the ingredients are orgnanic and each pancake had two grams of fiber.

Other people might enjoy this more than I did. Organic spray pancake batter in a can is not for me. No amount of syrup or butter could have improved them enough for my liking. Give me good ol' Bisquick pancakes any day!

7 comments:

Susan said...

Well, I'm still for the old fashioned way right from scratch ... with fresh fruit in season (right now rhubarb) with homemade maple syrup too. The syrup is labour intensive (but only once a year).
What is causing the blast from the tin? Is it propane propelled like a lot of products? I find it very strange that an organic product (assumed healthy) is then propelled by propane gas. No, we cannot recycle aerosol container either.
I thought it was only me that the first pancake was a flop! It always is if I make them one at a time in a pan. If I use the griddle, they're all fine. Wierd.
www.suecrutcher.com

Jennifer Skinner said...

Wow...pancake batter in an aerosol can! It sounds so...weird. I think I might have to stick with homemade.

Jennifer Skinner
www.JenniferSkinnerOnline.com

Lisa M. McLellan said...

I LOVE Trader Joes, so thanks for the tip, I'll stand clear of those. I love their regular pancake mix though. so do the kids. And Yes, it is so funny that you said that about the first pancake because my first is always the worst too! It always sticks to the pan or something.
I do tend to go for the organics, but some organics I just can't do. Organic celery for instance, is just to celeryee. The flavor is much too strong. I love the organic milk, but my family goes through 3-4 gallons of milk per week so the organic stuff would put me in the poor house.
Love the post.
Lisa McLellan

Matthew Shields said...

Now this doesn't sound right to me either. Organic and spray cans sounds fishy
focus Your Energy
Matthew Shields

Yann Vernier said...

Hmm... Doesn't sound that exciting after reading the end of the post. Thank you for sharing your experience.
All the best
Yann
Yann Vernier - Personal Coach

bunbungirl said...

Hi! I found an article related to Diet in your site.
I am interested in your site very much
I want to often visit your site from now on.
Japanese I am interested in a diet, health ,beauty too.
Please link to this site if you are interested in a diet.
In this site, I send diet information in the world.
Would you introduce my site in your site ?
http://diet-beauty-weightloss.blogspot.com/

Midlife Dating Expert, Singles Workshop Conference Speaker said...

oh WOW, I know.

instant gratification and no messy clean up.

or get a boyfriend like me who LOVES to cook.

mmmm blueberry pancakes

oh wow, craving that now.....

April Braswell - Online Dating Coach, Romance Coach