Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Food Review: Starbucks Vivanno

After my workout today I grabbed a piece of fruit and headed out the door to run a few errands. I really should have taken the time to eat a real lunch but I didn't.

I had heard of the new protein drink that Starbucks just introduced so I thought I'd give it a try. I wasn't expecting much. I mean, how good could it really be? If I want a really good protein shake I will make one at home or stop at Emerald City Smoothie and order a Chocolate Lean Out (small size - the regular size has 600 calories).

But I like to try things before I totally discount them, most of the time.

I ordered a Chocolate Banana Vivanno Nourishing Blend and it was good! Not great but suprisingly good. Not too sweet and really nice consistency. And it's good for you!

This would be a perfect snack, pre- or post-workout drink. The Banana Chocolate is made with a whole banana blended with a proprietary Protein & Fiber Powder, 2% milk, mocha sauce and ice. The Orange Mango Banana is made with a whole banana blended with all natural Naked® Juice made exclusively for Starbucks, a proprietary Protein & Fiber Powder, 2% milk and ice.

The banana chocolate drink has 270 calories, 5g fat, 21g protein and 6g fiber. The orange mango banana has 240 calories, 2g fat, 16g protein and 6g fiber. And you can add a shot of espresso to the banana chocolate drink!

I would recommend these to my clients or anyone looking for a good and good for you protein drink!

Sabrina Peterson
Personal Trainer and Weight Loss Coach

No comments: