Friday, November 7, 2008

Food Review: Healthy Choice Fresh Mixers

Today for lunch I tried something new, a Healthy Choice Fresh Mixers microwaveable meal. The flavor I tried was Szechwan Beef with Asian Style Noodles.

I was quite surprised how good it was. And it's pretty darn healthy.

The food comes in a microwaveable plasic container. The lid is perforated with small holes and you remove a platic covering from the top of the lid before you prepare the food inside. The holes are to drain the water from the rice or noodles (depending on which flavor you choose) after cooking them in the microwave.

Then you microwave the meat, vegetables, sauce combination which is then combined with the noodles or rice and you have a meal. It only takes about 4 minutes to prepare from start to finish.

Nutritionally the Fresh Mixers are a good choice in the vast array of fast or frozen food choices. The Szechwan Beef flavor I tried has only 370 calories, 6g fat, 4g fiber and 14 g protein in a generous sized portion. Did I mention it tasted good?

I'm sure all the other flavors have similar nutritional values.

My only complaint is that it does not contain enough protein to carbohydrates ratio
(65g carbs to 14g fiber) and I was hungry within an hour. I suggest having a salad or vegetables as a side dish to this to round out your lunch (or dinner).

Try one and let me know what you think!

15 comments:

Lisa M. McLellan said...

Sounds yummy Sabrina, thanks for the review!
Babysitter, Nannies, and Au-pairs

Midlife Dating Expert, Singles Workshop Conference Speaker said...

Hi Sabrina,

thanks so much for sharing from your simple weight loss techniques expertise!

sounds YUMMY!

any good choices which you would recommend which have no noodles or rice? with the WLS I've had, I can have about 1 bite of noodles or rice and generally avoid them.

All the best,

April Braswell

Online Dating Expert, Romantic Relationship Coach, Romance Coaching

Online Dating Sites Review, Internet Dating Sites Guide

Cindy Eyanson said...

Sounds good. I just have a hard time eating something out of a frozen box...
Cindy

Cindy Eyanson Online

Lena Milukh said...

Sounds good.
Improving Communication in Personal and Business Life

body language blog

John Ho - Melbourne, Australia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
John Ho - Melbourne, Australia said...

Sabrina, Just be aware that using microwave to cook or heat up food destroys the food's nutrients as the intense outburst of heat by moving the water molecules at high speed (that's what microwave does) in the food kills the life force within them.

John Ho
Pure Numerology
Understanding Personalities for Better Influence & Persuasion

Robert Kaufer said...

Thanks Sabrina,

Learn How to Be A Do It Yourself Lawyer …
Essential Daily Nutrients For Your Health

David J Parnell said...

I'll have to check this out Sabrina.


David J. Parnell | Communication Expert
The Communication Expert Blog

JohnWShoemaker said...

I keep frozen dinners in my freezer. Quick and easy. I like Healthy Choice.
I love Boston Market!

Intuitive John

How To Harness the Incredible Power of Your Intuition To Make Your Life Happier and Less Stressful! Go to JohnWShoemaker.com

Darryl said...

Hi, Sabrina,

That does indeed sound tasty. I've seen co-workers with the Healthy Choice meals, and have been curious about them for some time. I will keep these meals in mind for convenient lunches.

Darryl Pace

Jennifer Skinner said...

Ooh, I really like Szechuan food! Generally I avoid frozen dinners, but every now and then when I need something super-quick they are pretty handy to have around. I'll have to check this one out!
Jennifer Skinner
Wardrobe Planning Expert

Unknown said...

I saw them in the store and wondered if they are any good. thanks for the review.


Scott Bell

The Road Warrior

www.scottalexanderbell.com

JohnWShoemaker said...

I forgot to mention one of the reasons I eat the Boston Market dinners is they are extremely tasty! And the calorie counts are relatively low>

Intuitive John
Learn How To Harness The Incredible Power of Your Intuition!

Unknown said...

Hi. I work at Ketchum PR and provide support to the Healthy Choice brand. We stumbled across your review/comments this morning. I just wanted to let you know Healthy Choice Fresh Mixers can be found in the prepared food aisle, next to soups and pasta. Not the frozen section. -Judi

JohnWShoemaker said...

I'm a single guy who loves frozen dinners?

Any others you can suggest?

Intuitive John

Learn How To Harness Your God Given Intuitive Powers To Have A Better Life